We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 6 September 2010

Challenge 29 - Clean & Simples

Good afternoon all! Thank You for you entries to our video challenge of Lady Gaga, the winners have been announced below this post! See inspiration can come from a huge amount of sources so if your mojo takes a hike especially with the onslaught of the xmas card season then flick on some videos and you'll soon have your head buzzing with ideas!



Thank You so much to Susie Sugar at Die Cut Dreams for sponsoring the challenge and for guesting with Vicki Garrett.

Our spotlight on glitter & sparkles is still open for another week too if you also want to play that!


Sadly this is the last challenge for our Jane who has decided to step down but couldn't resist this one last challenge seeing as its her style all over lol! Best of luck in the future chick x



*******************************


Challenge 29 - Clean & Simple




Time to put all those flowers and frills away for this one and keep it clean and simple! The team have aced this one don't you think? I think they've done superb and seemed to have enjoyed the challenge so hope you do too!

Just a note about the challenges in general as its really got to be said - Please keep to the theme of the challenge set. I know most of us do try to find challenges that fit with the card you've made but some entries are being far too way off the mark. Teams put time and effort into devising challenges and making samples to inspire so please play fair and check whether it is really meeting the criteria. If we feel your entry is too far off the mark from the challenge set we will remove your entry as it is unfair to the participants who do and team members who visit.


We are sponsored again by our regular monthly sponsor Joanna Sheen - Check out her new Christmas Grotto with a huge range of products especially for the xmas crafting season and awww how cute is Popcorn bear in his santa suit!
Joanna is sponsoring us with a £10 voucher prize for the winner so get your thinking caps on and keep it clean and simples!



Here's what the team have come up with to inspire you, please leave them some loves!

Jane


This is a simple black peel-off mounted onto a sheet of paper from the Basic Grey Indian Summer collection. The sentiment is a rub-on from Kaisercraft.



Truly a challenge for me. This took more time thinking then making. I stamped the image 3 times and sponged the color on, and added a sentiment. A few mattes and a ribbon and I'm done.





Clean and simple makes me think pastels. I started with a square off white card used dotty paper from a new paperstack, yellow and white and blue and white with white card layered inbetween. I stamped the image and coloured the cutie little girls with promakers. I added a little blue ribbon on the corners with pink glittered flowers (don't look very pink in the picture mind !!). A few gems to finish it off.



Kat

I think this lovely stamp from Hero Arts fits the theme of Clean and Simple quite well. I stamped straight onto the card and then stamped again on patterned paper. I cut out the flowers and 3D'd them for a bit of dimension. The stalks are coloured with pencil. A strip of the same DP with a pretty edge using a Martha Stewart punch and a piece of ribbon finishes the card.







I was a bit stumped when it came to clean and simple, I love using all my fab delish papers! But after some blog hopping and great inspiration I knew how to get the challenge done! I used some basic kraft card stock layered a panel of Prima "Jack'n'Jill" papers with some gemstone card. Added a die-cut butterfly from both papers, some more buttons from my Granny's button box, some ribbon, gems and a sentiment to finish!



Josephine





I've been playing with ink to make backgrounds - mainly Distress Ink. I used some Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles and Wild Honey, and added a bit of turquoise dye ink that I've had forever. I dabbed a little of each onto a non-stick mat and spritzed with water, before swirling some glossy card in the mixture. I stamped the image in Chipped Sapphire, and layered up the backgrounds and image on dark blue and a lovely blue-green






For my Clean and Simple card I have used a House Mouse stamp which I have coloured with ProMarkers and a bit of stickles on the icing of the cake. I embossed the yellow card my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder. Im a bit jealous of this mouse, the cake looks yummy lol


Joy








I chose the colors black & white. Started with a white cardstock base & layered black cardstock on top then added some faux stitching. Then I layered a piece of embossed white cardstock & added a ribbon with a knot. I used my inverted scallop square nestability to add a shape behind my sentiment, which I picked up as a freebie from Sentimental Sundays (new free sentiments to be had each Sunday at their challenge blog). I then used my tag punch to cut a tag out of some 100% cotton designed paper, to which I added an eyelet and another ribbon. Voila.







Clean & Simple really is a challenge for me as frequently I find it difficult to know when to stop adding to a card. I stuck to a colour palette I love of Black and White and added the Martha Stewart punched heart for a spot of colour. The base of the card is embossed with small hearts and the ribbon is velvet for more texture. I added a small diamante heart and a sentiment to finish.
I blame Lisa entirely! I saw her cute Lili of the valley bear in the glitter & sparkles challenge and I had to get one (or two!) Made very simply, stamped and coloured with promarkers and added sakura stardust clear on the tinsel, added stickles stardust around the edge and sakura glaze pen to the baubles and mounted on some gold and white card.




I've used an image from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers, with added shading using koh-i-noor pencils blended with sansador. The papers are K&Co from the Brenda Pinnick 'boy' pad, with Papermill cardstock. Added a nestie star, a big button and ribbon from my stash. Nice and simple :o)


Toria






I decided to try something different this time and use our craft robo. I saw this lovely silouette and knew that it would be great for this challenge. I decided to use a very simple colour theme of black and white. I felt this would really show off the silouette and would hark back to bygone days. The oval and scalloped oval are with free cutting files, that I got from Penny Duncan Creations and the silhouette of the girl I bought. I layered the the ovals on to a white card blank which I rounded off the corners and added a bow to the top.


Please leave a link to your blog post in the froggy below! As always the challenge runs for 2 weeks and will close at 9am GMT on Monday 20th September









9 comments:

  1. Lovely dt cards i must remember clean and simple i will sit on my embelly box !!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards all

    wasnt too sure how to go about this challenge, hope mines ok
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards by the DT. I'm enjoying the Clean and simple challenges, it really is a challenge for me to not pile stuff on lol. thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the challenge and the DT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring samples. I just had to play. Thank You. I love CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many pretty cards by the DT...thanks for the great challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple I can do! Love the challenge, wonderful DT inspiration!

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean and simple looks so effective but is so hard to achieve when you want to add a bit here and there!

    Great examples by the DT!!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards by the DT! Thanks for a great challenge. It felt good to make something simple-many of my cards are on the complicated side!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.